HATS v9.5 Distance Learning Program
Announcement: Royal Cyber is offering Free HATS distance learning course
Explore the Technology that quickly transforms your 3270 and 5250 green screen applications to intuitive Web, portlet, rich client or Mobile device user interfaces, and extend 3270, 5250, and VT green screens as standard Web services.
2 days total. 2 hours of e-conference time per day plus 2 additional hours of lab and workshop time per day.
Note: All workshops are in English only (unless otherwise noted in the announcement).
These instructor-led, free workshops provide an opportunity for you to learn HATS through e-conference-led presentations, and extensive hands-on labs, and experience. Each day, the instructor will present two separate Web seminars to demonstrate techniques that include how to use the RAD for development using HATS toolkit.
After the Web seminars, you will be given exercises that include the topics of that day to complete. Class times and contact information are listed when you select a location and register for a session.
The workshops and hands-on lab exercises associated with the daily Web seminars will take between 2 to 3 hours a day to complete. An instructor will be available for questions. After completing the workshops, you will be ready to start building applications in HATS at or near production-requirements level on initial projects and pilots in your shop.
- Rational Application Developer 9.5 installed (Download)
- HATS 9.5 toolkit installed (Download)
- A general knowledge of computer skills, and a basic understanding of web technologies is assumed.
- HATS/Eclipse IDE,
- Introduction and deep-dive into the HATS technology
- Developing and deploying HATS web application
- Modifying a HATS project
- Managing connections
- Screen events
- Screen Transformations
- Components and Widgets descriptions and settings
- Using templates, defining CSS style classes
- Macros and host terminal
- Interacting with Global Variables
- Combining screens
- Enabling print support
- Enabling keyboard support
- Using Host Simulation
- Using HATS administrative console
- WebSphere Portal and HATS
And more …